Update by user Jun 14, 2012

After filing in small claims court, he offered me a refund...Minus $1000 in restocking fees!

Ridiculous!I was awarded a judgment in SCC, which he has yet to pay or even respond to.

Original review posted by user May 14, 2012

Brandon McCollom (Dr.HVAC) is a SCAM ARTIST and I've been taken.

I hired him without doing a thorough enough search to install a completely new heating and air conditioning system in my older home. The total project cost was supposed to be approximately $4,500, but after he took his 60% deposit he stopped responding to phone calls and e-mails. He finally did respond once I had the local sheriff contact him, and I asked for my money back. He said he would, then proceeded to never return another phone call.

After filing in small claims court, I fully expect to get a judgement against him which he will never pay.Lesson learned - I hope you're not checking this forum too late!

Had an Experience with Dr Hvac Mechanical?

Comments

Window World - Incomplete work Window World "We had 8 windows replaced last week. The installation team came in, got the old windows out, the new ones in and were working on caulking them. I decided to..." Read more Gutter Helmet - Gutter Hemet Scam Gutter Helmet "Mike,I've been in Business since 1972 doing Roofs,Siding, Building Homes and also do Insurance repairs since 1987 in most ct. towns. I Have a customer that had Gutter Helmets put..." Read more Sherriff Goslin Roofing - Sherriff-Goslin Company, what the did to us was despicable. How the BBB can still rate them A+ is a scam! Sherriff Goslin Roofing "All views expressed in this review are our own and do not necessarily represent the Sherriff-Goslin Company's (noting the Mansfield, Ohio branch), the BBB's (noting the BBB serving Western Michigan)..." Read more Blue Haven Pools Corporate office Blue Haven Pools "Anyone have information on who is the responsible corporate officer for the name BLUE HAVEN POOLS? We are trying to find the person responsible for the bait and switch used..." Read more Usave Car And Truck Rental - Extra charges after devastation in Puerto Rico... Usave Car And Truck Rental "Hi. My name is Wanda Bonilla and I live in Florida since 2014, but all my family is in PR. Due to the devastating havoc caused to the island by..." Read more Usaa - Unbelievable Usaa "Recently I was involved in an accident where upon approaching a light another driver who was stopped behind a much larger vehicle pulled out at the last minute in front..." Read more Little Caesars - NEGATIVE MARKETING FOR LITTLE CAESER'S PIZZA Little Caesars "To person who verbalized the negative nature of this described Little Caesar Commercial; I agree with you. This commercial is absolutely the most thoughtless regarding Father & Son. There is..." Read more Desertcart - Over a month, missing delivery, No refund, No support Desertcart "Ordered a bunch of stuff, ONE ITEM WAS NOT SHIPPED out from their US consolidation center, rest were delivered in two separate deliveries. Support has only emailed stating that they..." Read more